Please find a list of all vacancies below:
Hospital Times Editor
Following a successful rebranding exercise, we are currently looking for a new Editor for one of the UK’s leading hospital magazines. The new Editor will work closely with the content team to develop and publish news, insight and analysis both online and in print. The magazine has a long history of delivering high quality analysis on the big issues affecting the in-hospital sector and our content team is looking for someone to develop the brand, audience and their leadership qualities as our company grows. This is ideal for someone looking to develop their expertise and experience in the health sector, working within the high-profile network generated over 20 years.
If you are excited about working with an energetic and industry-leading team, this is your chance to develop a career in a sector that delivers better quality care for patients. The wider publishing company produces both printed and digital products, including a bi-monthly magazine, a weekly digital newsletter and well-visited website, offering news, insight and analysis to thousands of senior leaders.
- Responsible for editorial strategy and content across core products, including bi monthly printed publication, weekly digital newsletter and online content for website.
- Commissioning content from in-house editorial team and external freelance contributors.
- Proofreading/sub-editing all content.
- Article writing for print and online.
- Instructing and liaising with design team regarding article layout/aesthetics.
- Liaising with commercial staff in relation to client editorial or other commercial considerations.
- Liaising with IT and production staff as required.
- Working within editorial budgets.
- Attending industry trade shows/conferences, UK and International, to represent the brand and acquire vital industry knowledge and make new contacts.
- Producing high quality written content.
- Proofreading/sub-editing to a very high standard.
- Ability to work to regular deadlines.
- Networking and developing industry contacts within B2B and public-sector environments.
- Dealing professionally with senior industry figures.
- Working to budgets.
- Ideally a background in health, or an interest in developing experience.
- BA/BSc (Hons) degree, at least 2:1 or above
- Master’s (Preferred)
Job Type: Full-time
£25,000 + reasonable expenses
Please submit an up to date tailored CV and covering letter to Ben Howlett, Managing Director, Dorson West Ltd, firstname.lastname@example.org